Saturday, July 3, 2010

Henry At Berklee College of Music! [FANACCOUNT]

This is my very first fan account ever, and I’m so excited about it!!!! I’ll never forget what happened today. :]

As most of you probably already know, Henry is doing a 12-week composition program at Berklee College of Music here in Boston. I was working today, and I had agreed to meet some friends after my shift was finished. We agreed to meet at Berklee and walk to the Prudential, a nearby shopping mall, from there. We all knew where Berklee was, so it would be easy for us to meet there.

As I walked across the street, cell phone in hand, I stopped and noticed that Henry was standing right in front of the college building with a couple of friends. I was curious, and a little nervous. I walked past him and stood off to the side, watching him converse with some of his classmates. My heart was pounding so hard and so fast, and my hands were literally shaking. But then I got the guts to go up to him. I tapped his arm with the corner of my cell phone and said, “Sorry, but are you Henry…?”

He seemed a little surprised, like he wasn’t expecting anyone in this city to know him as Henry Lau. Or if he was, he wasn’t expecting them to be so calm. I was shocked that I didn’t stutter or squeal or anything like that. But he said yes and reached out to shake my hand and said, “Nice to meet you.” We talked for a little while about how he liked Berklee and the Boston area, what my name was and where I went to school, and how he had a midterm and how he thought he did. He was very friendly and courteous, and I think he might have appreciated the fact that I wasn’t screaming in his face.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get any pictures or an autograph–I didn’t want to scare him even though lots of fans probably ask for pictures or autographs–but he said he was going to go back inside the building (which was apparently where his dorm room was), and so we parted ways with a simple “It was nice meeting you!” We only talked for a few minutes or so, but I’m very grateful to have met him. It was a very good experience and I wouldn’t be opposed to meeting him again ^^

fanaccount by: kusari @ sj-world.net

No comments:

Post a Comment